Please login to post JOB or RESUME. It's free.
Tyco Fire Protection Products TFPP is currently hiring a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Mansfield, Texas location. The Manufacturing Engineer will develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and processes for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing products as well as the introduction of new products.
Other responsibilities for are:
• Assess new product concepts and designs for manufacturing and provide such assessment and recommendations to R&D/Product Engineering.
• Conceive methods and processes to manufacture new products in the safest manner, at the desired quality standards, and at the lowest cost to meet projected demand in a timely manner.
• Conduct proof of principle or proof of concept studies.
• Conduct detailed process design work, including layouts, tooling, fixture, gauging, programming, and documentation.
• Continuously improve current production methods using Six-Sigma methodologies and utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
• Provide technical know-how to troubleshoot problems in current production
• Prepare and support completion of capital projects.
• Support Cost-Out, VA/VE, Safety/Ergonomics, Kaizen, and other initiatives.
• The Manufacturing Engineer is solely responsible for qualifying new or modified product through the processes under their purview.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's of Science degree in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering or MET, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
• Preferred candidates will possess the required educational background and at least 5 years experience; with at least 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment. Six Sigma and/or Lean certification a plus.
• Prefer experience with manufacturing of discreet welded, fabricated and assembled low volume and make to order products.
• Knowledge of chemical blending and packaging a plus.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and be able to read and write business policies, procedures, general business periodicals, manuals, blueprints, capitol project papers and other correspondence.
• Must have strong organizational and project management skills.
• Experience in concurrent engineering environment will be a plus.
• Must be proficient in the use of computer-aided engineer design and multiple software applications and typical office suites Word, Excel, and others.
• Preferred knowledge mentioned above in welding, fabrication, pipefitting/assembly, painting. (Chemical blending and extra plus)
TFPP offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
Tyco is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key drivers to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Tyco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please login for send author a message.